Frequently Asked Questions
Typically, we start with a warm-up that lasts about 15 minutes. In a ballet class, dancers typically begin in a circle and work on floor stretches to start. In jazz and other classes, we typically warm up in the center of the room with floor stretches, standing stretches, isolations, standing technique, etc. We then work on across the floor technique and continue onto centerwork and from-the-corner technqiue. This includes kicks, turns, leaps, etc.
In some classes, we end with a combination where the teacher will teach a choreographed phrase to the dancers and they can perform in groups.
Our recreational regular price is $139/per class. However, we have a discount system! Please visit our pricing page for more information. http://www.linxdance.com/Recreational/Pricing
Our competitive prices are based upon team/company level and the number of hours of classes each dancer is in per week. Please visit our pricing page for a list! https://www.linxdance.com/Competitive/Pricing
- Each T.A.P. Dancer is assigned to attend and assist at one weekly Recreational Class at LINX Dance Studio.
- All T.A.P. Dancer are chosen by LINX Dance Studio Faculty and decisions are final.
- If your child has a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher and/or flu-like symptoms, he/she must stay home.
- A student with no fever but with flu-like symptoms (cough, sore throat, nausea, dizziness, aches or chills) should stay home for monitoring, as these symptoms can signal the onset of the flu.
- Students who exhibit fever or flu-like symptoms while at school and as a result, either go home early or stay home entirely, should not attend their classes at LINX the next day.
- A student should only return to LINX after he/she has been fever-free for at least 24 hours without the aid of acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin) and does not have any other flu-like symptoms.
- For the most up-to-date information about the flu please consult the Mass. Department of Health’s "Flu Facts"
Please do not worry about missed classes as we offer a generous Make-Up Policy.
Yes it is always a good idea to let us know when your child(ren) will be absent from class.
All LINX classes : Report an absence online or call 781-235-3210.
- Drop Off Classes: If your child misses a drop off class, his/her account automatically accrues 50 minutes of Clubtime which expires at the end of the month in which the absence occurs.
- You may use the Clubtime to either (1) book a makeup class (subject to availability), or (2) reserve Clubtime.
- Non- Drop Off Classes: If you miss a non-drop off class, you and your child are invited to attend any of our other non-drop off classes, subject to availability.
- All makeup classes must be scheduled in advance.