This class is designed to work on strength, flexibility, and the “tricks” of dance. Improve your dance technique through this power packed class! Students will work in levels and progressions based on where they stand individually. They will learn the proper technique for more difficult skills, such as calypsos, center leaps, multiple pirouettes, fouettes, multiple fouette combinations and positions, switch leaps, turning discs, and many others. This is a non-performance based class and will not have a routine in the spring recital.
Your child will learn the following depending on age/level
- Center leaps, right leaps, left leaps
- Turning right/left/center leaps
- Switch leaps and switch centers
- Switch tilts
- Ponche (ponche into leg hold)
- Advanced pirouette combinations
- Fouettes and fouette combinations (changing spot)
- A la seconde turns with multiple combinations (floats)
- Leg extensions, leg catches, leg-hold turns
- Toe raises
- Knee drops
- Split rolls
- Barrel rolls
- Fanning tuck jump
- Hitch kicks
*This is a non-performance class.
Learn more about the dress requirements for all dance classes.